A school has sent year one pupils home after children were caught smoking a vape on school grounds. Staff at Brockworth Primary Academy in Gloucestershire, southwest England, found the children, aged five and six, with the e-cigarette. According to Gloucestershire Live, medical checks were carried out on several pupils following the incident on Wednesday morning. One parent claimed the e-cigarette was brought in by an older pupil.
The school has since launched a probe to find out how the item was brought in.
A spokesperson for the school said: “We have written to all parents to make them aware that yesterday an e-cigarette was brought into school from home without parents’ knowledge. As a precaution, medical checks were arranged for the small number of children involved, and all children were safe and well. “We are carrying out a further investigation into how this happened and will be running a series of sessions with the children over the coming weeks around keeping themselves safe and making the right choices when they are with their friends.
This story was originally published on The Sun and is reproduced here with permission.